Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Damn!

I really need to get on this more often.  Now that I'm unemployed...well I really have no excuse.  So I've written almost NOTHING in a long time, but I'm trying to get back into it.  This is obviously a start.  I did do a short story regarding some of my characters in the upcoming Cycle of the Hunter re-release as well as another article for Paranormal Association about Atlantis you can find here. 
I'm working on another right now regarding ancient aliens as I've been watching the History Channel series on DVD while I can't sleep and I find it fascinating.  Some very interesting stuff, although to be honest all I keep thinking about is the end of the original Planet of the Apes where Taylor (Charlton Heston) is in the cave with Dr. Zaius, Cornelius and Zira and he is looking at the remains of what he believes is a fabricated heart valve and eyeglasses and other relics.  Dr. Zaius tells him that he can give alternate explanations to each one of the objects in question "as ingenious as your own".  This is how I feel about the ancient alien stuff.  They're taking things from the Bible and other religious texts to interpret interactions with angels and the like as alien encounters.  Each side giving explanations that suit their purposes is the point I'm trying to make.  The one part I really liked in the movie that corresponds to the alien theory is when Taylor finds the doll and Zaius says "My granddaughter plays with human dolls!" and he throws it on the ground and it says "mama" and Taylor asks him if an ape would make a human doll that talked.  Same with ancient aliens - there are several statues and figures and carvings of what look like modern-day aircraft and astronauts.  Why would Aztecs and ancient Egyptians and Mayans do such a thing?  And then you have the people on the other side offering their ingenious explanations saying that what some people are calling air/space conveyances are actually insects.  Interesting stuff, I must say.
So I'm also getting married three months from tomorrow, Friday September 13th.  And let me tell you, not having any money to help pay for things is really tough.  I mean, we did most of our spending already and it was good that I got a decent amount in taxes back because that's where almost all of my tax money went.  But there are still a lot of things that need to be taken care of and I don't need to tell you that weddings can be very expensive, especially when you're paying for it all yourselves.
I'm also very excited for the Bruins tonight!  Game One of the Stanley Cup Final!  I'm hoping they tear through Chicago they way they did with Pittsburgh, but I don't think it will be as lopsided.  I think they'll win in 6.  I'd love a sweep, but I don't think it's in the cards.  Chicago is just too good.  I'd love to win tickets and get to go see them.  We didn't get playoff tickets this year or last year.  We haven't gone since Game Two of the Canadiens series in the championship season.  And we went to the one when we got engaged, April 21, 2010 in the double-overtime victory against the Sabres.
Well that's all for now.  I promise I'll be back soon.
Stay Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment